Wow, its certainly been a while since I've made a post! We've just been soooo busy. With what, you ask? Moving! Packing! Preparing for our trip to Edmonton! Wrapping! haha. And of course, taking care of the little man.
So this picture is just about 2 weeks overdue.. he was officially twelve weeks old on Saturday, December 8! Wow.. I can't believe it. He's considered to be out of "The Fourth Trimester" now.
Here's a little bit about your last month...
- You started out the month sleeping like a champ! Last month, you were sleeping in your crib for 4-5 hours straight before waking up to be fed. We continued with our same bed time routine and you stretched that first portion of sleep to 6-7 hours, waking up around 2 am to nurse and join us in our bed.
THEN you shocked me by sleeping until 5 am before wanting to eat! And you did this for almost two weeks straight. It was amazing.
And without warning, that completely disappeared. We would do our regular bedtime routine - I'd nurse you in your dimly lit bedroom, dad would rock you to sleep, then lay you in your crib - but you suddenly decided you don't like to sleep in your crib! You'd wake up either immediately after being laid down, or within 10 minutes.. and we'd try putting you down at least 3 more times with no luck. So you end up spending the whole night in our bed.
I've bought a book called "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley that is highly raved about, and have been studying up on ways to help you sleep.. but we won't implement anything until after we're home from Christmas and are settled in the new house.
Atleast you are a pretty good sleeper in our bed! You nurse probably three times throughout the night.. I don't know exactly, cuz I barely even wake up!
- You are so curious about everything! You study everything around you very intently and notice when things have been moved (like your favourite picture).
- We sing you "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider". You love them both
- A sure-fire way to make you smile is to touch your face
- You have become more content sitting on your own for a little while, so mom can have a quick shower or eat dinner without you crying to be held
You've really been a champ during this whole moving process. At the new house, we lay you on top of a blanket in the living room and you babble away at the ceiling fan while we unpack.
And other exciting-ness... the new house!
We've moved most of our stuff in already (and unpacked it!) and will finish up the weekend we get back from Edmonton. I will share more pictures then.