Tuesday, December 13, 2011
anyway.. enough grumbling.
ten sleeps til our wonderful trip! hooooooooowww exciting <3. AND garrick's mom and stepdad are coming for a visit for new years! but i'll be working late and miss a lot of it.. good grief. at least i'll have new years off to spend the day with them. oh, and garrick's christmas party is this saturday! i'm really excited for that too. i feel like this year will be even more fun than last because i've gotten to know some of the wives a tiny bit better of the last year. i'll be sure to try and snap a few photos.. at least one of myself and garrick! i've been lacking in the picture taking lately.. i think it's partially due to unruly work hours.. and also partially due to my lightroom program uploading my pictures funny! they're going into individual photos sorted into the day they were taken... sooo annoying. i just want them organized by month! it makes me sad though cuz i feel like i've missed documenting the entire fall! i guess nothing super exciting has happened though. i'm starting a yearly recap post, so i should be able to muster up a couple of memorable moments of 2011!
on my to-do list today:
- i'm going to make meat loaf for us for dinner (one of the few meals i can create.. i'm quite proud of it though) and was thinking of things to have with it.. we normally do mashed potatoes, but are out of potatoes at the moment. this morning we decided on rice.. but now i'm thinking it'd be a good opportunity to try some quinoa! so i'm going to go out and buy some.
- i've got one or two more little things to buy for garrick for christmas
- wash our bedding and the duvet cover for the spare bedroom; garrick bought some really nice sheets for the spare bed (for when his mom's here) because the old ones had a hole in them! haha. so we washed the sheets and put them on, but i want to wash the duvet cover too so everything is nice and fresh. and our bed could always use a nice wash.
- i've heard that basil tea is supposed to be good for the complexion, so while i'm at the health food store getting quinoa, i might buy some of the tea as well.
- look at natural hair dye. i want to return to my natural hair colour and i hate the red that my hair has faded into (although i get a lot of compliments on it for some reason..) so i thought if i used a natural hair dye to cover up the red, i`ll live until i`ve grown it all out!
on another note: i`ve been thinking about what i want my blog to consist of. and i thought it kind of funny that i`m more likely to "censor" what i write based on my family reading, than complete strangers! and i think that's kind of sad. for instance, most of my family doesn't know that as of this week i'm no longer on birth control. or that i've been taking prenatal vitamins for the last month and a half in preparation to have a baby.. and i still refrain from mentioning it because it seems like an un-necessary thing to talk about, even though this baby fever makes the topic almost an obsession of mine. but then to think of sharing this with the online world, and secretly indulge in all the wonderful mama blogs i've grown to love seems just so awesome to me. oh, and things about work.. that's a source of some stress in my life.. but what if someone from work starts reading one day, and is offended in some way? but this isn't for other people.. it's supposed to be for me. so i can release all my thoughts.
anyway. i should really finish getting ready. i get sooo stuck on the computer on my days off.. for example, i find a new blog and must read it from the beginning. right now it's sometimes sweet that i'm super into.. and i've got about a year left to catch up on! all the while forgetting about life outside of the digital world. it's almost noon and all i've done is eaten a sandwich, drank some coffee, showered, and blow dried my hair!