Sunday, June 17, 2012

26 weeks

26 Weeks

week 26

It's been a busy week, hence the late post! Although I feel like I say that every week. Time is absolutely flying by.. I can't believe it. It seems like there are so many things I want to accomplish in a week, but I just can't keep up! This week, I was able to take my pictures on Wednesday, as per usual, but then didn't have the chance to put them together until tonight!

after taking the photos Wednesday after work, we had to rush out to do our two-week grocery shop. Normally we do this every second friday, but Friday we would be camping.. And we needed food ahead of time, of course! So under those circumstances, we'd normally go shopping Thursday night. But Thursday, I had a hair appointment. So Wednesday it was. And my hair was the reason for not getting the picture done Thursday. It was well over-due, since I haven't gone since the end of February, or beginning of march!

What's new, pregnancy-wise...

Potential onset of insomnia??? It seems like i haven't been sleeping as soundly as usual. Sleep hasn't been as deep, and I toss and turn quite a bit. And, of course, i'm still waking up super early usually! I find it really difficult to stay up past ten. On a regular night, we're curled up in bed by 9. When we're camping, we'll stay up til 11-ish.. And that's really pushing it for me! I can barely keep my eyes open by then.

Back ache: this seems to be a more frequent occurrence, especially in the last 5 days or so. I try to stand up and stretch often while at work. At home, I'm conifer sitting in bed than on the couch. The exercise ball alleviates lower back pain, but seems to cause my upper back to ache. It makes bedtime even more enjoyable, though! The feeling of laying down and completely relaxing is so awesome.

Braxton Hicks: I started really noticing them around Thursday. They seem to come about after doing a lot of walking or physical activity. Nothing painful, mostly just a rock-hard tummy!

Hip pain: this is probably my biggest complaint. When I sit too long, they hurt. When I stand or walk for too long, they hurt. I try to do lots of stretching, and yoga seems to help.

Still no headaches or heartburn, only the one leg cramp so far, no stretch marks, no nasal congestion (which is supposed to be common), and no noticeable swelling in the last while!

Oh, I almost forgot!! I had the glucose tolerance test on Wednesday as well. That certainly wasn't fun! I don't do well not eating for 12+ house as it is.. and then to drink a giant bottle of pure sugar in under 5 minutes... I felt soon sick. The drink itself wasn't as bad as I anticipated! It just tasted like super sweet orange pop. I thought I was going to pass out in my chair while waiting between drinking the glucose and going in for the second blood test. Let's just hope the results come back saying I'm a-okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment