Wednesday, June 6, 2012

25 Weeks

25 Weeks

week 25

Today is a chilly day! It was only about 10 degrees, and it rained all day. I would have been completely content spending the day in pajama pants, wrapped up in a blanket. It feels like fall today, even though summer hasn't even begun! That makes me even more excited for September though. This morning I was telling Garrick how much I look forward to not having to get up on those cold fall mornings.. I can stay in bed with the little man while Garrick gets ready for work, and even have him out my clothes under the covers so they warm up. I'll keep a smaller blanket nearby and bundle baby up to take him into his room to change him. Cozy.

Our weekend with Aunty Tracy was awesome. I didn't realize it right away, but we hadn't seen her since our wedding in Mexico! That was over a year ago.. Holy moly. It's nice that I got to see her, and will get to see her - and everyone else!!! - in less than a month. And then we'll see everyone again at Christmas! That makes my heart happy.

Garrick had left his car at the warehouse from last Tuesday until Sunday, when we went to pick it up. When we brought it back home, we realized we had a little stow-away!! A poor young marmot decided the car would make a nice hideout, and rode all the way home! I was sooo sad that he was taken away from his wonderful family that lives at the warehouse. I saw him a number of times Monday.. He was enjoying the few weeds that have grown up between the gravel in the front yard. Then we realized he was making himself at home under the hood of Garrick's car and got paranoid that he'd chew wires. Garrick started the car to try and spook him, if he was inside. Tuesday, he brought a live trap home, but Tuesday night there was no sign of him.. And still no sign of him today! I'd rather him come back so that we can trap him and take him back to the warehouse. Hopefully he's okay.. There's certainly plenty of vegetation for him to eat behind the house!

This whole "baby brain" thing certainly isn't something to joke about! I'm actually a little embarrassed at how badly I've been affected. I get mixed up over the silliest things.. For instance: Wednesday last week, I wanted to go to value village when we had to go out for cat food.. Then we realized how hungry we were, so we wanted to get home as soon as possible. I asked if we could go Thursday instead. Even though I've been planning to go to yoga that Thursday for a couple weeks. Wednesday night I even suggested that Garrick go golfing Thursday. Thursday morning rolls around.. I think I had even thought about yoga already.. And yet I still ask Gar if we're going to value village after work. What IS that?!?!?!?! Or I will say something ridiculous like "she's sitting on the couch talking on the tv." but I actually mean phone. And I'll even correct myself right away... Good grief.

In other pregnancy news.. Still no heartburn or anything like that.. The worst thing (other than the baby brain) I'm experiencing is sore hips. Sometimes it will hurt to even out pressure on one leg or the other.. And lifting things is out of the question. It seems to have been a bit better the last few days.. I think yoga really helps. I've gained about ten pounds so far. Oh, and I've experienced exactly ONE terribly awful leg cramp. As mentioned on this week's picture, toe-nail-painting is becoming increasingly difficult. If anyone is looking for a unique gift idea, please feel free to contact the nail salon I go to (Cheek to Chic, in Vernon!) and book a pedicure credit on my account :D hehe.. A girl can dream, right?!

The little Cashew seems to do all his movements on my left side.. I'd say about 90% of it. VERY rarely will I feel him on the right. The last couple days, I've felt him quite high up.. He's getting awfully close to the ribs!! Yikes. This weekend I have to go in for the glucose test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. Garrick has to work, so it's going to be a long, boring, lonely 3 hours!!

We'd like to give a big congratulations to Jamey and Taryn, who found out today that they're having a little girl!! She's due exactly a month after me.. And I totally guessed it was a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment