Friday, February 3, 2012

life lately

good morning!
i've been a little absent lately.. i've just been soooo busy!!
back in december, i think the week before we went to vegas, i applied to an ad for a part time office assistant. well... weeks and weeks later, i got the job! there's the owner/boss J and the executive assistant K that work at this head office in vernon.. the position was to be assistant to K. well, turns out she selected ME out of all the applicants (and there were apparently a lot!) and i was the only one they called for an interview. i got the job on the spot! i was a little shocked and of course excited.. although part of me knew that i was going to get the job. when i dropped off my resume, it just felt like something kind of clicked. so fast forward two weeks... i'm at the end of my last week at the pet store.. i work a half shift today (i gave the second half to another girl) and then i work on sunday. the last two weeks - on the days i was working closing shifts - i also worked the mornings at the new place just to kind of ease into it (with the added benefit of overlapping pay cheques so there's no money transition). it's a monday to friday, 8 to 5 job... fitting perfectly with garrick's schedule. i get to dress up a bit, and work on a computer, which i love. although it's strange having to actually think about what i'm going to wear the next day! i'm so used to just being able to throw on the same ol' uniform without any thought. anyway, so needless to say, i've been very busy with my temporary two jobs.. and then once i'm home late in the evening.. i eat dinner, complain a little about being super duper tired, and we go to bed!

hmm.. i suddenly feel the need to document our typical days (pre-quitting-the-pet-store). i'm sure nobody is weird like me (i would love to know about people's every-day routines!) and most would want to skip over this, but i think that my future self will enjoy reading back on ordinary life that used to be!

closing shift days (which was probably 80% of the time.. boo)
6:50 am - garrick's second alarm goes off (the first at 6 40, but nothing interesting happens in between). pirate usually gives a little mew at this time, since both kitties are eagerly waiting outside the bedroom. garrick opens the door, goes down to the kitchen, gives the gingers food, and puts away last night's now-dry dishes. pirate usually follows him down, motor jumps up from the end of the bed to greet me and have some morning cuddles.
6:55 - garrick's back upstairs to the bathroom. pirate brings one of two favourite toys upstairs (sometimes both) and plays fetch with garrick til he gets in the shower. i continue to lounge in bed, cuddling with motor, sometimes replying to any texts i may have missed by falling asleep
7:15 - 7:20 - the shower turns off. this is my cue to get up.. i usually make the bed (sometimes garrick beats me to it) then go brush my teeth while garrick gets dressed, gives the bedding a final straightening, and fixes up his hair. then downstairs all four of us go!
7:25 til 7:40 - this is spent in the kitchen. garrick makes his delicious sandwiches, i make us tea and keep him company. motor usually wants me to carry him around during this time.. pirate just wants to help make sandwiches. garrick eats yogurt.. it's my job to sprinkle the bee pollen on his first spoonful. we typically pick out what will be for dinner too.
7:41 - all four of us head to the front door to see daddy off to work
7:45 til 8:30 - i hang out in the living room, drink my tea, check emails, facebook, blogs, etc. before jumping in the shower
9:00 - i'm out of the bathroom, into my getting ready room (the spare bedroom), blow-drying my hair and half-doing make-up
9:30 til 10:30 - back downstairs to watch young and the restless! and do more computering. usually massive blog reading.. or reading about different baby stuff. and i usually have some sort of snack in this time
10:30 - back upstairs to finish make-up and straighten hair. garrick usually calls around 10:45 and we chat for a bit. oh, and i'd put my uniform on! effortless.
11 - back downstairs and into the kitchen. time for some real food! toast, fried egg sandwich, or a good bowl of cereal. and i eat while on the computer again.
11:15 - wash my dishes as well as the suggie "kitchen" container so that garrick can feed them in the evening. get my lunch bag put together. pet kitties
11:25 - off i go to work!
11:45 til 8:15 pm (or on thursdays or fridays, it's 12:45 til 9:15) - work, work, work
8:30 (or 9:30) pm - get home. garrick has dinner ready just in time (i know... i have the best, most caring husband in the world <3). we eat, i usually wash dishes. we make smoothies to freeze for the next day, then typically head to bed.  i do the bedtime routine thing (brush teeth, wash face, lotion, take vitamin/give garrick his vitamin) and we cuddle up and try to watch tv.
typically garrick's fast asleep by 10 and me by 10:30. lately i've been out by 9:30 haha.

new job (shorter version because a lot of it is of course the same!)
6:00 am - my second alarm goes off. up i get (very quietly) and i head into the bathroom. shower, brush teeth.. then into the spare bedroom to primp. pirate, as usualy has been waiting at the bedroom door. motor is nowhere to be seen.. he sleeps until right before garrick's second alarm goes off before making his way to his post outside the door.
6:50 - garrick is up and does the same downstairs kitchen thing. motor can't find me in the bed, so makes his way into the spare room to sit on my lap while i get ready. pirate still plays fetch.
7:15 - by the time garrick's done in the shower, i'm usually pretty much done getting ready. so i get dressed and we make our way downstairs at the same time
7:41 - he leaves for work, i get my lunch together
7:45 - i leave!

and there hasn't been an evening routine yet because i've been going to the pet store after my new job mornings! but that all changes on monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment