Thursday, October 18, 2012

1 Month Old - Dear Cash



My sweet baby boy,

You're one month old already! Where has the time gone..
We've noticed some big changes in you during this first month; you've become much more alert, you notice our faces alittle more and even get a small twinkle in your eye when you see us. As the weeks go on, you put on a little more chub.. I notice it in your cheeks and your thighs. You're still a skinny little guy though! In the last two weeks, you've managed to hold your head up a little longer every day. It's still a little unsteady and your head comes crashing down sometimes, but we're working on it.

You seem to enjoy having a blanket hovering over your face when trying to fall asleep. As soon as you're covered, you are out like a light. (Yes, we know this could be a potential hazard, but the blanket is never against your face and it's only when you sleep on one of us)

Usually you love to be swaddled in a light blanket.. But never with your arms tucked in!

One of your favourite ways to sleep at night is in my nook, tucked under my arm. If you get a little fussy and wiggly during the night, I pull you in close. And if you're sleeping between us, I'll typically find you on your right side, facing me! I love your peaceful face while sleeping

Dad gets to hold you pretty much all evening once he goes home from work. You especially like laying on his chest

Sometimes you're able to direct your fist toward your mouth, and practice sucking on your fingers.. or more often, the side of your wrist. However, when you get really upset, it's difficult to find the coordination and usually you just end up flailing your arms around.

Occasionally we'll let you cry a minute longer than we should.. you just look sooo cute when you stick that bottom lip out as far as it will go

So far, I think you've been a pretty content baby! If you cry, it usually occurs when we're driving and can't reach back to comfort you, or it's when you're sleeping in the stroller and we stop moving for too long. I think you're developing a bit of a sleep routine.. In the last week, you have been settling down and falling asleep between 7 pm and 8 pm and will sleep until at least 9:30. Then you wake up two or three times during the night to eat. You typically go right back to sleep though! We've only had one bad night so far.

I can't get over how adorable you are. And I love learning more about your secret language and what you're trying to tell me when you need something. Our days go by so quickly! One minute, we're just waking up, then before I know it, Dad's walking in the door.

You're the best.
xoxo
Mama

Words from Garrick...
"Cash,
I didn't think it was possible to love something the way I love you. I never want to let go of you or stop looking at you. I can not wait to watch you grow and experience all the wonderful things that children get to experience growing up with their dad... skating, camping, swimming and just being a little boy with his dad by his side. I can't believe how cute you are. You are so cute. I love kissing you and watching you make faces.

Love,
Daddy"

No comments:

Post a Comment