Tuesday, May 29, 2012

anniversary weekend

May 18 was our first wedding anniversary! Garrick surprised me with a trip to Vancouver over the long weekend. We stayed in a nice hotel downtown (with a wonderful little cafe and the most delicious freshly-made gelato), visited the Granville island market, finally made it to the aquarium, had lots of baths, rubbed my sore legs and feet, and ate waaaay too much good food.

I kind of screwed up some muscles (or something) at work the previous Thursday, in addition to all the wonderful hormones racing through my body, which made for a very sore me! Swollen ankles, sore joints (is that what arthritis is like?).. new shoes.. (oops. When will I learn to slowly break in new shoes, not wear them on a day when I'm doing a ton of walking).. Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

Back to the good bits. Friday morning (which was our anniversary day), Garrick surprised me with an absolutely gorgeous eternity band as a one-year ring. I looooove it!!! Saturday was the first sunny day we've ever experienced in Vancouver! That was the day we took the sea-bus to Granville island. Sunday was supposed to rain, but we made it to the aquarium before it started! We weren't so lucky on the way back though. Then it was time for an impromptu shopping trip where I discovered h&m's maternity section! I scored two dresses and a pair of shorts each for $20. Monday was rainy again and we were ready to go home and see the kitties again, so we left around 9:30 and got a head start on all the traffic. It was a wonderful, relaxing time. And the last time we'll be in Vancouver as a family of two! Which is so exciting.

IMG_8967
the newest addition! (middle ring)
IMG_8956
IMG_8913
IMG_8908
my little belly next to the ocean
IMG_8906

Happy Anniversary, my love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment